3D printing in practice

Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

Re: 3D printing in practice

Příspěvek od Edwin »

I am currently working tentatively with a resolution of 0.02 mm per layer and as I am after a few modifications to the printer slowly at useful results and with any printer from the five-figure range .

But right now my main focus is still to be understood in the Software and this . So my test parts are also getting better.

It was my intention to achieve a uniform mode of expression , That the surface in relation to the layer height is thus improved just a nice side effect.

Obrázek

Obrázek

By the way , I have installed an LED lighting. The I got times for 3 € from the flea market and is quite suitable with their effects for showmen , but also good bright
Came for the supplied remote control so even as a finger exercise a holder to do so.

Obrázek

Obrázek

And again for a correct application , in which the surface plays only a minor role in the components for a Rohrevolation a Ferdinand .

Obrázek

Obrázek
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

overnight now I have these rings can run at a layer height of 0.02 mm.
Here you can already see the second layer , since one in the picture just can not recognize correctly the first .

Obrázek

So it is possible readily , but it starts all over again at all settings . The pressure with this extremely flat layer height is also a possibility , even if the part has become anything yet. The difficulty increases with the accuracy at very . So agree , for example, also the information on the tablet at print time and not more Layer height. The specified print time varies between one third and half of the time and really needed the specified height above the table as well. Since at least the software of the AP in the tablet does not seem to come up with those settings cope . However, the print itself is not even notice , only the very long loading times of the G- code by the size of the files nerf something .

Obrázek

Obrázek

I have the bruised part , because it is bonded by too much flow ( material feed ) anyway and the side surfaces by just plain gross . But what you can already see on the second picture is the excellent surface at the top of the smooth circulation in no way inferior .

When I came home were the first parts to the elephant finished and the new software works for it excellent. The support was now to remove without effort and it required little rework.

[img]http:/up.picr.de/18060891oq.jpg[/img]

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

I've also looks here the current state as my printer now.

Obrázek

Situated he is in the equipment room of my house, because it is without tension there in well ventilated area and the printer is no longer heard, despite its relatively low noise in the house even at night.
I have it still treats us with lighting.
There is a fan to cool the printed components assembled the needed with particularly fine and slender structures
The scope of the Z axis is supported on each side in addition with a strut.
The wiring is performed on all moving bodies in energy chains, the lower is still on a sliding support.

What is to come is a double linear guide to X and Y axis and a better fine-tuning of the printing table in order to better be able to work with very low layer heights of less than 0.08 mm.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Now I want to slowly come to the parts to print for which I have bought myself the printer. Nevertheless, I have to still try some.

Therefore, I have begun today something difficult.
For these tests, I use the drawing of a pulley half of the Panzer III in 1 / 6th It looks so relatively easy, but the difficulty starts with the fact that it must be printed to 95% in the air and I thus have to work accordingly with support.

Currently running on my printer , the first attempt of this pressure roller to which I have created the G- code with a freeware program . Layer height 0.1 mm

In the software that looks like this . here is a section in which you can see the good support including some error in Brim ( outer circumferential line) but these are not relevant.

Obrázek

And here is the final in the simulation roller.

Obrázek

This is now being printed and will require about 10.5 hours.

Obrázek

For comparison, I also have a more professional program that you have to buy , but I'm not ready yet behersche . But since I was able to start with a layer height of 0.08 mm. Duie settings are still 90% standard and it results in an estimated run time of 13.5 hours.
Here for comparison the cut in the support.

Obrázek

And here again the finished roller.

Obrázek

Let's see what comes out . If I succeed are the wonderful master to metal casting.
romann
PzKpfw V - Panther
PzKpfw V - Panther
Lokalita: Nitra

Příspěvek od romann »

hallo
sehr interessant.leider verstehe ich nicht englisch,bitte schreibe auch deutsch.danke
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hallo Romann,

ich bin es garnicht gewohnt, daß man ausserhalb Deutschlands auch Deutsch versteht. Daher schreibe ich in Englisch.
Für Dich aber nochmal der Text des letzten Beitrags in Deutsch.

Jetzt will ich langsam dazu kommen die Teile zu drucken für die ich mir den Drucker angeschafft habe. Trotzdem muß ich dazu immer noch einiges ausprobieren.

Deshalb habe ich heute mal etwas Schwieriges begonnen.
Für diese Versuche verwende ich die Zeichnung einer Laufrollenhälfte des Panzer III im Maßstab 1/6. Die sieht so relativ einfach aus, aber die Schwierigkeit beginnt schon damit, daß sie zu 95% in der Luft gedruckt werden muß und ich dadurch entsprechend mit Support arbeiten muß.

Momentan läuft auf meinem Drucker der erste Druckversuch dieser Laufrolle zu der ich den G-Code mit einem Freewareprogramm erstellt habe. Layerhöhe 0,1mm

In der Software sieht das dann so aus. hier ein Schnitt, bei dem man den Support ( Stützstruktur) gut erkennen kann einschließlich einiger Fehler im Brim ( äussere umlaufende Lineie) die aber nicht relevant sind.

Bild

Und hier die in der Simulation fertige Laufrolle.

Bild

Das ist jetzt im Druck und wird ca. 10,5 Stunden benötigen.

Bild

Zum Vergleich habe ich auch noch ein professionelleres Programm das man kaufen muß, ich aber noch nicht soweit beherrsche. Da konnte ich aber gleich mit einer Layerhöhe von 0,08mm beginnen. Die Einstellungen sind noch zu 90% Standart und es ergibt sich eine geschätzte Laufzeit von 13,5 Stunden.
Hier zum Vergleich der Schnitt in den Support.

Bild

Und hier wieder die fertige Laufrolle.

Bild

Mal sehen was dabei herauskommt. Wenn es mir gelingt sind das wunderbare Master zu Metallguß.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Die erste Laufrolle mit dem Freewareprogramm ist jetzt gedruckt und wie ich es erwartet habe noch deutlich verbesserungsfähig.

Hier der Stand als ich in der Nacht von der Arbeit kam.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Dann heute Vormittag die am Drucker fertige Laufrollenhälfte.

Obrázek.

Ich habe jetzt für einen besseren Vergleich das Raft und den Support noch nicht abgemacht. Die Oberfläche ist aber noch deutlich verbesserungsfähig, obwohl sie für diesen Maßstab schon brauchbar wäre, da die Teile wegen ihrer Komplexität immer nachgearbeitet werden müssen. Was ich aber noch nicht sehe ist die Unterseite und wie sich die Stützstrukturen ablösen lassen. Der Druck hat übrigens 2 Stunden länger als die Kalkulation des Programms gedauert.

Dann habe ich den Druck mit der gekauften Software begonnen. Dieser zeigt schon von Anfang an deutliche Unterschiede. Es wird ein sattes Raft ( Haftstrucktur) gedruckt mit einer leichter abzulösenden Zwischenschicht und ich habe ebenfalls ein wesentlich satteres Brim ( Ein Brim füllt die Extruderdüse und treibt Luftblasen aus der Düse die den Druck stören können und wird immer um das Bauteil gezogen) um den Druck das keine Auszackungen zeigt. Ebenso sehen die Supportstrukturen wesentlich sauberer aus. Was mir auch auffällt ist die deutlich ruhigere und nicht so hektische Verfahrensweise des Drucktisches.

Obrázek

The first runner with the freeware program is now printed and as I expected it still significantly improved.

Here the stand when I arrived at night from work.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Then this morning the final of the printer roller half.

Obrázek .

I have not yet settled for a better comparison of the raft and support. However, the surface is still significantly improved, although it would be useful for this scale since the parts must always be reworked because of their complexity . But what I still do not see the bottom and leave as peel off the supporting structures. The pressure took the way two hours longer than the calculation of the program.

Then I started printing with the purchased software. This shows from the beginning distinct differences. It is a rich Raft ( Haftstrucktur ) printed with an easier to be detached interlayer and I have also a much richer Brim ( A Brim fills the extruder nozzle and drives air bubbles from the nozzle which can interfere with the pressure and is always drawn around the component ) to the pressure the no serrations shows . Similarly, the support structures look much cleaner . What also strikes me is the much quieter and not so hectic procedure of printing table .

Obrázek
romann
PzKpfw V - Panther
PzKpfw V - Panther
Lokalita: Nitra

Příspěvek od romann »

abend
danke fuer die deutsch ubersetzug,
eine laufrolle uber 10 stunden drucken, =-O ich warte lieber 50 jahre auf replikator von raumschiff enterprise :-))
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hallo Romann,

die Zeitdauer für den Druck spielt in diesem Fall ja keine Rolle, da es ein Master wird für den Metallguß. Da ist die Formengenauigkeit wichtiger als die Dauer des Drucks. Wenn ich die Laufrolle auf normale Weise so bauen würde, bräuchte ich eine Woche dafür.
Ich habe mir den Drucker in der Hauptsache zur Erstellung von Masterteilen für Abgüsse zugelegt.

Gruß Edwin
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

And on it goes with the tests.

First, the result with the purchased software

Here are the pressures.

Obrázek

The result is first times sobering , but I also had no miracles expected , since I do not yet know the program and also not made any , necessary for the printer adjustments have . In each case, the surface is significantly worse and what you can not see on the picture is too small a flow ( material feed) which too little PLA comes on to the part which can be seen especially in the non-closed ring ..

Obrázek

In such settings, but one has to grope and can not expect miracles.
Then I once removed the support of both parties and this result is not yet satisfactory, although this was relatively easy to remove.

Obrázek

Obrázek

So I created the G- code again revised the purchase program . A little more flow, a higher printing speed which the printing time shortened by 3 hours and a finer support.
Und weiter geht es mit den Versuchen.

Zuerst das Ergebnis mit der gekauften Software

Hier noch beim Druck.

Obrázek

Das Ergebnis ist zuerst mal ernüchternd, aber ich hatte auch keine Wunder erwartet, da ich das Programm ja noch nicht kenne und auch noch keine, für dem Drucker notwendigen Anpassungen gemacht habe. In jeden Fall ist die Oberfläche deutlich schlechter und was man auf dem Bild nicht erkennen kann ist ein zu geringer Flow ( Materialvorschub) wodurch zu wenig PLA auf das Teil kommt was vor allem am nicht geschlossenen Kranz zu sehen ist..

Obrázek

An solche Einstellungen muß man sich aber herantasten und kann keine Wunder erwarten.
Dann habe ich mal den Support beider Teile entfernt und auch dieses Ergebnis ist noch nicht zufriedenstellend, obwohl dieser relativ einfach zu entfernen war.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Also habe ich den G-Code nochmal beim Kaufprogramm überarbeitet. Etwas mehr Flow, eine höhere Druckgeschwindigkeit was die Druckzeit um 3 Stunden verkürzte und ein feinerer Support.
Das war heute früh das Ergebnis.

Obrázek

Die Oberflächen sind jetzt geschlossen, obwohl immer noch etwas zu wenig Flow da zu sein scheint und es ist relativ glatt. Die ganzen Perlen an der Oberfläche konnte man fast abkehren was also auch nicht stört.

Hier auch die drei Teile zum Vergleich nebeneinander.

Obrázek

Obrázek

So langsam nähere ich mich einen brauchbaren Ergebnis.

That was this morning the result.

Obrázek

The surfaces are now closed , although still seems a bit too little flow to be there and it is relatively smooth. All the beads on the surface could almost turn away so what does not hurt .

Here also the three parts to compare side by side.

Obrázek

Obrázek

So slowly I approach a useful result .
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Elektronika“