First, just as a test if I succeed

Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

Re: First, just as a test if I succeed

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Now the link should now be ready for molding, but I've probably made ​​it a bit early to release gas into the furnace. There is again a small tear came I still have to fix, but this is no great action.

Obrázek

The casting I will first try without centrifugal casting. By the size of the limb, it might work. If it does not work then I can make the form required for centrifugal casting another master.

My mold is just barely big enough ....

Obrázek
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

And on it goes with the insanity as someone has so beautifully expressed , but also with method.

First, the mold lining with baking paper . Thus, the silicone stays nice and separated from the mold .

Obrázek

I do not use silicone 2 K , but sheet goods which is then cured with heat .. This is to be processed as clay and later gets their properties .

Obrázek

And so do I embed the link in the form .

Obrázek

Obrázek

It is then simply baked in a small oven . However, you should do it because of the sweet smell preferably outdoors.

Obrázek

And so you can now see and edit the Vulcanized form .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

However, I 've seen here that the chain I can not pour with this type form . I'll need through the rather complicated chain link at least a three-part form, and it is too cumbersome as the number of individual members to pour clean, but one learns from it.

That's why I still cast a first attempt , although there was no usable member.

Obrázek

Obrázek

The necessary ventilation channels I no longer appropriate . In addition one must try several fonts, but I can see how the elements fit together later and I 'm satisfied.

Obrázek

So used any more time on this method and for my centrifugal casting machine built ready because I can make this in a cast with a minimum of 6 members and certainly have no problems with the finer Struck doors.

Obrázek

Obrázek

And here is the test run. Everything works and I can control 0-1800 rpm .

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Now I 'm just happy to have made ​​it my master completely of aluminum . It is stable and does not damage the molding . So I can use it just as often .

Nothing the defiance I will now use a three-part silicone mold for resin chemical molding to create .
This has several reasons .

The silicones used for centrifugal casting are substantially stiff and with only two parts to the chain links without damaging the shape hardly see . So I can try it but quite simply as the best division of the form might look like.
I need at least 6 master for a meaningful spin cast .
Resin has been found within limits suitable for pressing and baking my shape silicone and I can just pour limbs.

So I now have faith in the first half mold from plasticine and Lego bricks . However, there remains a lot of work as the master to embed into the putty so that a usable surface and clean dividing lines arise .

Obrázek

Once the link is embedded clean I have to pull up only the edge with Lego blocks and can pour the mold with something harder quality silicone mold .
For the other parts I'm thinking to use something soft silicone .

Obrázek

I let the first be at least until tomorrow now .
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

If I include the so together it is around 40 hours I needed for the link .... srol

But with the silicone mold for Resincasting it also goes further. Today I poured the second of three moldings. Once the basic shape was the most time consuming it is now a little easier and faster with each part.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek
zander
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
Lokalita: Praha 5 Radotín

Příspěvek od zander »

Hi Edwin
But very very interesting. :shock: :shock:
I like to watch. :P

Michal
"Rytířský v boji, bdělí v míru"
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Thank you Michal..... :P
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

After I first had to order and wait for the new shape silicone delivery let us go on .

I reassembled the Lego box and installed Eifll ventilation funnel made ​​out of plasticine and then poured the previously two -part form .

Obrázek

Obrázek

The new silicone is slightly faster , smoother and it looks like it did not like the other problems with the plasticine. The surface remains smooth and unlike the previous unimpressed.

Obrázek

So I still do not like the shape , but I did not expected that I do it right the first time . Nevertheless, I now pour even a link from resin . Let's see how it is . But I will put the stock bars back first into the mold.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Now I have to wait until tomorrow first again .
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Now I've made a few casts with the form .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

I am satisfied with the form, as it is not yet , mainly because of this it would be greatly weaken a fundamental error produced by a small offset to the joints and too much air is still there. But that is not bad because I get to die here first as a lesson to see the knowledge for the very expensive spin cast .

So I have begun today from this experience to build a new shape.

Back in the Lego box , because the simple and works well . So I am learning slowly better to model with clay which also makes getting to be fun .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

For casting the mold I have found a better now suitable for silicone and so the Grundbassis is ready.

Obrázek

After the silicone is fixed you can have the difference between the old form and the new left , see right.

Obrázek

Also the division of the form I get a little modify the three fittings to better separate . Here, the modeling for the second portion .

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

The new shape is finished ..... and works much better .

Obrázek

Here you can already see that it fits better and more exactly to each other .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

The small vent holes I made with a drill. With a very high rotating works quite well and I have exactly the right places .

Obrázek

And so I'll have the same cast and a new chain link.

Obrázek

Obrázek

After the resin was cured sufficiently the big moment came .

Obrázek

Obrázek

It still has bubbles , but this time it's useful with a little reworking.

Obrázek

On the next cast I'll try it with an injection, but one learns ....
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Resinform the Third ...

After I so do not get the bubble theme with the second form in the handle , I build from the experiences of the first two of a new form again . This I will only provided with a single vent and a filling .
But first, back to embed the link in plasticine. To get this even particularly smooth the putty beflamme I still very carefully with a small gas burner.

Obrázek

For mixing of silicone and Reesin I use a fine balance.

Obrázek

After the silicone is networked I cut the surface tension raised by the edges with scissors so that the mold can lie flat .
so it looks from form to form better.

Obrázek

Obrázek

I share the top again with modeling clay and paint the silicone release agent before casting with a . For this I use a simple oil for cooking . But there is not any oil used . But you can easily find out by the silicone smeared with a thin film of oil. If it pulls evenly and thinly over the surface , you can use the oil , if it looks like water on a fresh car polish it will not work .

Obrázek

So I 'll do it then with the third molding.

Obrázek

In my annealing , curing works much faster and better.

Obrázek

And so the new shape still looks as a block and then separated .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Now in the forms I make no vent in the casting sprue and more . These later I drill with a drill to the areas where they are needed.

Since I was approached because of the reuse of syringes.
I'll harden the resin is pull the plunger out and press the resin with a wire from the syringe. It is almost as often reusable.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Even the thought of minimum weight of the tank I'll probably have to move by 5 to 10kg for top . I have today once weighed a chain link zamak and finished at about 55g the pair of chains will probably come to about 10kg . For this, the chain through their high weight but should run well .
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Sturmgeschütz III“