A Tiger gets a new suspension and chain tensioner

Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

A Tiger gets a new suspension and chain tensioner

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hi all,

After yesterday I received and unpacked the package with a Tiger tank at a conversion of suspension and chain tensioner also went off immediately .

Obrázek

Since I am just ha also build on a new suspension for a Leo fits just perfectly in the conversion of these processes and, therefore, off you go .
First, I must plug the bucket , suitable for milling slots in the rocker arms . The necessary parts I have already cut deal yesterday.

Obrázek

because the spoon play as possible fit into the slots and should always be the same I makiere the endpoints of the service with a felt pen on the scale rings. I work with digital measurement rails with hand not very happy . So it is easier.

Obrázek

And I still get a high repeatability .

Obrázek

Obrázek

After I have milled all 16 plug- spoon I must be provided with a 3mm hole for the silver steel axle .

First drill with a center drill and then drill ready with a twist drill .

Obrázek

Obrázek

What happens if you save the step with the center drill and drill begins with the same you can see here on a scrap .
Links , the runny outside the center hole without centering and right as it should be .

Obrázek

And so these parts are made ​​before.

Obrázek
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Re: A Tiger gets a new suspension and chain tensioner

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hi Balcin,

Competitors than you I'll probably need not fear, though I never learned the professional, but have developed myself.

There is no way lathe or milling machine necessary if you want to build this suspension. That is some trouble with simple tools that everyone has possible. It might be not so good, but it works the same way. In Germany I have already shown a few people since the only build that suspension.

If you want I can help you with this if this suspension is ready.

regards Edwin

Ahoj Balcin,

Soutěžící, než vás budu pravděpodobně potřebovat se bát, i když jsem se nikdy nenaučil profesionální, ale vyvinul sám.

Neexistuje žádný způsob, soustruh nebo frézka nezbytné, pokud chcete vytvořit tuto suspenzi. To je nějaký problém s jednoduchými nástroji, které každý má to možné. Mohlo by to být nic moc, ale funguje to stejně. V Německu jsem již ukázali několik lidí, protože stavět pouze, že by odklad.

Pokud chcete, mohu vám s tím pomohli, pokud tato suspenze je připraven.

Doufám, že jsem napsal tady, žádný nesmysl, protože jsem si přečetl překlad slova.... ;)

jde o Edwin
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hi zokott ,

Thank you.

I hope I have understood the translation correctly . This is a particular problem with this language for me so I can write something deliberately limited only to other contributions. Often half of the words is not understandable for a translator which is as I think probably on dialects and small typo justified .
I 'm all over the world to see in forums and new to learn and get to know new friends, but here it is the most difficult because of the language for me.

I am generally a calm and serene person to a Balkin can not bring calm and has no problems helping someone something new that he can not make .
I know these people well enough so in Germany .... unfortunately .... :(

Balcin is probably as you 've already written just a general troublemaker
I am self- admin in a German forum Military Model and setting of the problems you write here .

Cheers Edwin
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

And it goes a little further.

But first, the tub had to be dismantled.

Obrázek

Obrázek

In order to properly store the new axes in the opposite side, I use the holders of the old suspension and drill to screw this on to 3.1 mm.

Obrázek

How can I measure the necessary length of silver steel rods and cut them.

Obrázek

Before this I will solder to the plug trays again well sharpened the axes of the solder joints.

Obrázek

I can solder the parts as I have described it in Bergeleo. Here you can also see how the solder joint has to look beautiful.

Obrázek

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Moving ahead, ....

but first I have today wrapped a few feathers .

I 'm like always on my small lathe with a hand crank.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

To make the suspension adjustable I have already prepared some collars with a double clamp. In this I must now still make the appropriate hole for the spring. I always do when I need only a collar , I like this even with a tiger mixed suspension with two spring build strengths and therefore different sized holes that still need to be drilled at different distances from the center of the axle .

Obrázek

And so today I still installed then the axes with the adjusting rings and springs . The stronger springs I built it on the center rollers .

Obrázek
Milan
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
Lokalita: Cvrčovice,Brno-venkov

Příspěvek od Milan »

Really beautiful work.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Today, the suspension of the Tiger is far done, but first I have to build the aluminum angle of the pen. This I cut myself from a 10 x 10mm aluminum profile handle appropriately. To them then screw on the bottom of the tub I do moch threads in the angle and thus also hold I have my nmap .

First I makiere the later holes and graininess to it , so that the drill can grip.

Obrázek

The hole for the M3 thread in this case I drill with 1/10 undersize compared to a normal core hole , ie 2.4 mm and with good pressure.

Obrázek

The thread then I leave with a finished taps and a cordless screwdriver from the back with plenty of pressure and alcohol.

Obrázek

In this way, at the top of a push-on edge and a thread is more what is now sufficient for direct bolting the angle .

Obrázek

After the angles are presented riding for mounting I put them where they are to be bolted in place and makiere the holes in the ground and the support points of the springs.

Obrázek

To the selected job sites in the soil , I suggest again with a punch from a depression and Drill it with the standing mounted drill. I remove the bottom of the ridge and valley in it . To disappear the screws in half of the tub.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

After I made ​​even the springs into the holes of the angle should be very tight , I can mount it .

Obrázek

In between I misunderstand watch but since I 've installed two spring sizes and these are spread slightly in the chassis assembly.

Obrázek

And so the suspension then assembled and preset looks .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Since I was asked why I need this time ...... so long at the two wells today I glued all the pieces .

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Today, the chain tensioner was our turn and I've also gone through the same eccentric for the aluminum hull , but first I have to build brackets into the tub. For this purpose first the plastic rings are sanded down , because my clamps are much wider.

Obrázek

And so I turn and Drill the aluminum holders .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Since I have the brackets Cemented into the tub first degrease and roughen the gluing points . Then I can fill it first brushed with metal glue put into the holes and align with a straight bar .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Tomorrow they will still fixxiert with a second adhesive holds well on plastic.

For the eccentric I use a 10 x 10mm brass rod that I put the holes for the 6 pieces .

Obrázek

Obrázek

The holes for 6mm shafts I file again slightly square , so that the brazing alloy is drawn well and keep the axles .

Obrázek

Obrázek

The axles themselves do I feature 6mm silver steel I deburring on the belt sander and the subsequent loop solder joint .

Obrázek

So I can then reap the eccentric with flux and solder hard.

Obrázek

Obrázek

After brazing, I clean the axles and turn the ends .

Obrázek

So I can once again drag on the belt sander in shape so that they look like a casting.

Obrázek

Obrázek

The long axes of the way, I have therefore made ​​that the eccentric can be supported optimally each other in the tub.
zander
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
Lokalita: Praha 5 Radotín

Příspěvek od zander »

Hi Edwin
Wow great, I like your professional work, it is a joy to behold.

Michal
"Rytířský v boji, bdělí v míru"
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Thank You Michal.... :D
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Tiger I“