New springs for T55

Odpovědět
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

New springs for T55

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Since I'm just going to clean up all the accrued trifles with me and I have a T55 when lying with a suspension problem for some time with me, I thought .... the machste now also gone.

The tub I got with a request to try to reinforce the suspension because it does not come with the weight of the tank deal.

So first expanded with a swing of the spring and look closely.

Obrázek

Obrázek

The original spring has a thickness of 0.67 mm, with 4 turns and is relatively soft. For only 5 track rollers per side, the driving weight then should be no higher than about 4kg since the tub else rushes to the ground.
So I tried with a 0.8 mm spring steel wire to wrap such a spring as the first.

Obrázek

Obrázek

The first attempt has already worked quite well, but I will make a new spring from a 1mm spring steel wire and with larger inner diameter, as the 0.8 mm wire has not expanded as much as I thought. With 1mm wire but also the space limits of the spring is then exhausted during installation ..
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

Re: New springs for T55

Příspěvek od Edwin »

For the springs from 1mm spring steel I had to think up a different method for winding, since not let this strength in turn reasonable size with fine forceps. So I built a slotted driver for winding.

Obrázek

And here is the result. Quite right, the original, wrapped a spring with the new driver in the center and left without the driver.

Obrázek

And this is what the springs compared from installed.

Obrázek

Obrázek

And here the effect with the new, stronger springs on one side and a 2.5 kg in the tub.

Obrázek

Then I also have two backup rings leisure rebuild. One was already missing from home and one jumped away when removing me. So 0.8 mm steel wire wound one turn. and processed.

Obrázek

Obrázek

And now the finished rebuilt suspension with a 3.6 kg in the hull.

Obrázek

I now have only the Middle exchanged three springs on each side. So you can demand only one in the center, or the second and fourth roller, or here to customize all Middle and even if the drive is here now hard to build back some of the old springs back.
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Odpovědět

Zpět na „T-55“