A Ferdinand gets new springs again

Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV
Lokalita: Rheinland Pfalz Germany

A Ferdinand gets new springs again

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Hi all,

after me Ralf asked that I , I have to worry about the time of his suspension Ferdinand finally found the time.

In the inventory I noticed first time , .... it's the hardest Ferdinant / elephant who previously stood with me at the table.

Obrázek

Every single pair of rollers must be loaded with approx 1400g plunge by about 30% and this is a huge breakaway torque . I've got 10kg placed on the pan without the suspension institutions did something to dive . Only at 12kg , she fell to about 2/3 of the suspension travel. That is clearly too much.

So I first made ​​a few feathers , but unfortunately forget the pictures.

The old springs have a thickness of 1.3 mm and 1.2 mm , the new now .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Here it is also nice to see . Links old and new right .

Obrázek

And as the springs are mounted in the roller carriage.

Obrázek

Now that I have the parts machined something that changed the springs and donated a drop of oil , the cam roller runner now bagged at about 450g to a 30 % of the suspension travel.

So I will then provide the two front and rear roller car with the new springs and make the Middle and viable. Thus, the suspension then likely with appropriate weight distribution work much better than before. Is the armor are also considerably less and easier to go around curves A pleasant side- effect.

However, the conversion is so far from being completed . I must think of something else let me as I roll over the cam roller runner while driving makes sense and what prevents most right now bothers me , align the holes somehow . So tracks are pre- derailment.

Obrázek

The rear roller carriage on the left side is wrong because the holes in the suspension was not made freehand .

Cheers , Edwin
APAMOTEC Model technologie v detailu
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Re: A Ferdinand gets new springs again

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Yesterday, I 've begun to align the crooked trolley . In addition I have just turned off the bush a little , the cam roller runner blocks to the others plugged into aligned and the bearing bush , which even now has a lot of play in the bracket is glued in place.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

After the could now harden overnight I had to remove a bit of the overflowing glue.

Obrázek

Next, I first wrapped a few stop springs are intended to prevent the overturning of the roller carriage.

Obrázek

These are then fitted onto the axle and allow about 20 ° free commuting in any direction to it to increasingly inhibit this oscillation .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

Inside it looks like this .

Obrázek

Now he is ever on its own wheels and dips with a weight even as you want something a .

Obrázek

The large starting torque is not gone yet , but that will still settle already . But we now see that the roller trolleys not only cigarettes , but also compress .

Obrázek

After the drive issues are resolved come the gears turn. Since I will first times to make new , longer axes so that the flat gear clean can .

Obrázek

In addition, I have the angled mounting plate of the gear to make some adjustments . Since first true nothing and so you can not mount it .

Obrázek
sakulajda
Moderátor
Moderátor
Lokalita: Dolní Kounice

Příspěvek od sakulajda »

*OK*
Články:
Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Today then were the axles turn. Since I do not need long in the flat gear and I'm from 8mm silver steel.

First, I turn the long part off of 5mm.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Then I need in each axis still a hole and cut a M4 thread.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Then only thing missing is the flattening of the drive, but that is milled off quickly.

Obrázek

Obrázek
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Once the axes are now adhered was the replacement of the motors of the series. Here you can see the size difference .

Obrázek

Then, the transmission could test sit for the first time .... the art of the matter is they installed so that they also get out again.

Obrázek

Since I can not be mounted directly to the mounting plate the gearbox because it has a too shallow angle I had to think of something and sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.

First I taped off the bottom of the gearbox with tape .

Obrázek

The old mounting plate I have well sanded and degreased.

Obrázek

In order now to get a good rest of the gear I use epoxidized kneading . Of these, so just cut off a piece , knead well , but always with gloves and spread it on the bottom of the gearbox.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Then you can push the gear into its final position on the mounting plate and align. What you should always do with a gearbox because the kneading epoxy is relatively fast hard.

Obrázek

The adhesive strip prevents sticking of the gear but considers it ever so firmly , that the holes for the new mounting screws should some through the transmission.

Obrázek

After you have added all at least an hour , you can simply pry off with a screwdriver , the transmission and remove the adhesive film . So then what is the new mounting plate.

Obrázek

Throughout the process I repeat with the other gear on the other side .

In conclusion, I still cut the thread into the holes, with 2 per gear are perfectly adequate and mount these .

Obrázek

Obrázek

I then brought up the chains to the conclusion for today.

Obrázek

And I've noticed , however , that I still have to revise something the idlers , but that's just one small thing and then it goes to the first test drive.
pajak7

Příspěvek od pajak7 »

Hi Edwin good work *BRAVO*
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Today, the Ferdinand drove ....

But only after several teething problems .

First off, did not want my electronics for standard motors . For some reason I had as only load new firmware.
When the Elo then worked I had to notice that the motors are unfortunately completely unsuitable . I always get in test mode with 9.6 V , but these were not sufficient to the tank on smooth tile floor put in motion uzu . Even after I had pushed him a little he stayed 2m resist . So the Motroen out again and Other pure. Since I thought I had two speed 400 lying around . That was so , but with a 4.8 V and the other with 6V rated voltage. So not usable. Ultimately, I have found and installed engines from a 3:1 gear steel . He moves now and I could make a first test drive.

Obrázek

Very pleased I 'm not , but the suspension works , though still stubborn . Since they must, however, only be retracted. The roller carriage runs as quietly as I tilt me introduce myself without too hectic around. What I still have to adjust a little bit is the inclination of the first trolleys on which also was still very little load .

In addition, the chain is too long. The chain tensioners are the stop and the chain runs from dadruch always . These lack the chain stripper án the trough bottom , so you better not moving backwards , because otherwise the chain hangs .

The speed is in my opinion ok . , Since I 'm going with 8 cells , but I'm long gone down such a feeble tanks. This could more and only 6 cells are still short of 2kg, at least on grippy surfaces as the drive and the wide track requires a lot of energy .
Naposledy upravil(a) Anonymous dne 05 dub 2014, 17:26, celkem upraveno 1 x.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

After yesterday I was not really satisfied with the drive and the Elo I have installed today Brushless times.

These are in addition to your strength also significantly smaller. Here a brush motor next to a brushless motor in the tub.

Obrázek

To get on more weight I also put a nice piece of iron into the tub.

Obrázek

The chain I have also still the same shortened and slightly more excited and then the test drive could start. Now it has a very different but equally driving display and it is more than enough power available ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB7luN2 ... e=youtu.be
Naposledy upravil(a) Anonymous dne 08 dub 2014, 16:10, celkem upraveno 1 x.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

Soooo ,

completely finished the tank is not yet. The gun is also fully articulated into place.

But since I have first pleasure in the warped castings.

Obrázek

Here is a recoil is not possible because the gun barrel is completely jammed .

So I have the guide first time glued and screwed to edit them properly can .
Then the guides inside polished carefully to clean the pipe is running.

Obrázek

Obrázek

And finally also glued the end cap and adapted to the tube. The supernatants in the visible areas around the ball mount as far as I filed and sanded . Ralf is because although a little spatula to yet, but the holes may not be filing away .

Obrázek

Obrázek

I have glued the frame of the ball holder with the outer structure At the end of today.

Obrázek

Now it first heist again waiting for the curing of the adhesive.
Edwin
PzKpfw IV
PzKpfw IV

Příspěvek od Edwin »

For installation of the cannon I had to grind down and adjust the Kugelklagerung strong, as I have read in various construction reports the problems that occur when the cannon. Also with this kit , the pivot point is not true. That's why I 'm building a real ball bearings. Since I have several hours needed to really had the shape of a sphere.

Obrázek

This works best if you painted the ball with a marker and then turns into a slightly smaller metal ring. At the grinding marks can be clearly seen where you have to grind away .

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

In order to check the result properly but you have to polish the surface again and again.

Obrázek

They do provide an acceptable time round ball .

Obrázek

The outer ring had to be polished only on the support and fit . Inside I have a turned aluminum , whom I have given a corresponding groove .

Obrázek

In between, again, an adapted aluminum ring was rotated and drilled through both rings two mounting screws.

Obrázek

Obrázek

Obrázek

I have done so until nearly backlash-free , but easy to move the ball between the rings.

Obrázek

Obrázek

At last for today, I have put together everything glued to the inner ring with the housing wall and with two clamps pressed until the glue is hard.

Obrázek
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Elefant“