T-34/85 full metal 1:10, vlastní výroba (in english)

Odpovědět
vanHasen
Lokalita: Katowice/Poland

T-34/85 full metal 1:10, vlastní výroba (in english)

Příspěvek od vanHasen »

Hello everybody,
Somehow I missed introducing myself poperly on your forum, although I met a few of you personally in May, in Lesany.
My name is Konrad and I am active on polish rctank.pl forum as vanHasen.
I'd like to share with you the project I am working on since.... well I can't remember exactly since when. But it has been a long time... Probably in total more than two years.

It is a full metal T-34 in 1:10 scale. Nothing fancy, but my assumption is to make it as close to the real thing as possible. To achieve it I am developing workhop to cast all essential model parts. I use router, lathe, 3d printer, hydraulic press, injection moulding, centrifugal casting and sand casting.
Important part of the job is also hunting the documentation. Factory drawings are quite useful...

I decided to show you my work because I have a feeling that I solved most of technical problems and it is very likely that one day I will finish this model.

Below is a short review of parts I already made.

The first part I made was set of casted ZnAl tracks:
Obrázek
Obrázek

Then wheels:
Obrázek

And several versions of exhaust cover:
Obrázek

Rubber wheel bands:
Obrázek

And last but not least - the aluminium turret:
Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek
Obrázek

As far as turret is concerned I will try to replace it with heavier one (aluminium casting is only 1,9 kg). I will experiment with other materials - ZnAl, cast iron, brass.

My target is to make a heavy model, preferably to keep correct ratio with final model mass of 32kg.

I intend to put most vulnerable electronics (elmod, FPV, animatronics controller) in the turret so my model may finally be quite "waterproof".
Since it is a lot for one post I will be more than happy to answer all your questions and hear any suggesions.
Naposledy upravil(a) vanHasen dne 05 lis 2018, 23:22, celkem upraveno 1 x.
Faly
PzKpfw V - Panther
PzKpfw V - Panther
Lokalita: Slaný

Re: T-34/85 full metal 1:10, vlastní výroba (in english)

Příspěvek od Faly »

This is absolutely epic, nicely designed and well made. This is technology in hobby use at its best, great work ahoj
V týmu s Drozd60,
IS-7, T-10, Kraz 255V + podval; IS-3; KV-85; T-90; Faun; MAZ
Shotek
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
Lokalita: Praha 9

Příspěvek od Shotek »

Hi Konrad, I agree with Faly, this is absolutely awesome project and I wish I had your skills and equipment ;)
Not to mention you're crafting my favorite tank :D

Just wonder, why did you choose plastic for road wheels if you intend to make such heavy beast? Suppose that if you are able to cast metal tracks, the wheels should not be a big problem for you and could help to achieve the weight goal.

ahoj
vanHasen
Lokalita: Katowice/Poland

Příspěvek od vanHasen »

Don't worry :) I use iniection molding only to make rubber bands. Entire rims will be casted and machined.

Now I am trying to cast all wheels in centrifuge - each one will be made of two halfs glued and screwed together. If I fail I will try to cast wheels in sand form but in this case it will be one piece of metal.
And target material is ZnAl for spin casting and aluminium in case of sand casting.
Naposledy upravil(a) vanHasen dne 06 lis 2018, 20:22, celkem upraveno 1 x.
Shotek
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
PzKpfw VI - Tiger
Lokalita: Praha 9

Příspěvek od Shotek »

OK. Regarding casting, would be interesting to see few pics, so don' t forget to post some ;)
Odpovědět

Zpět na „T-34“